Monday, August 20, 2007

New Line - Eco-Friendly Animals



So, I've been wanting to make a line of eco-friendly animals for a long time. The only thing that has held me back is the fiberfill. All I've been able to find has been polyester, and that just won't do.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I discovered Eco-Craft fiberfill. It's made from corn, which is an annually renewable source. It's very cool stuff. It performs a little differently than its polyester cousin and has the consistency of cotton candy. I think it's great because of the source material, and I hope my customers will enjoy it as well.

So, here are the specs for my new eco-friendly line:
- 100% cotton fabric
- 100% cotton thread
- embroidered eyes, no plastic
- stuffed with eco-craft fiberfill
- beanbags are filled with buckwheat hulls

I'm really thrilled to be posting some animals this week in the shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea!

too bad that the unicorn
flies a supersonic jet- all that
fuel polluting the skies above.

Unknown said...

Sooo CUTE!!