Friday, October 26, 2007

I don't have time for this!



I'm the queen of making extra work for myself. As if I didn't have enough to do: my full time job (creative director for a design firm) has been crazy-busy lately. Plus, there's that little side business known as The Sweetest Pea Designs. I'm staying on top of orders, but I haven't had a lot of time to build up stock for the Holiday Fair. I'm not going to meet my ambitious goals, but I can do my best and make as many as I can.

I know I have to get cracking at the sewing animals, but then along comes a holiday called Halloween. I love Halloween. I love costumes. Oh... what's that you said? Etsy's having a Halloween Party? I really need to go to this! It's important for my business. It's networking, and I'll refresh my skills on the sewing machine by making a costume. I've always wanted to be a robot, why don't I make that? What's that you say? Easy? Just "cardboard box" it? Noooooo. I need to spend hours upon hours that I don't have just to make a robot costume. It's an excellent use of my time. I have nothing better to do. Say goodbye friends and family! I'm busy making a robot!

Well, now it's done. And yes, it's pretty cool. I'm very excited to wear it at Etsy tomorrow.

No comments: