Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fat Bulldog



Another fantastic customer had a special request: create a bulldog as a gift for a coworker who was having a baby.

I presented the computer sketch first (seen above) and set to work.

I'm pleased with how much my embroidery has improved from when I first started. My last few animals with embroidered features have looked very close to the plastic perfection at first glance. I really like how the embroidery gives a classic look to the animals. There's something about the shiny plastic that I love, but the embroidered eyes and nose seem timeless.

Changes from the original sketch - I gave him little feet with toe detail instead of the longer legs. Because, let's face it, bulldogs are very stocky and sturdy. Also, the nose area is much larger and more prominent. It adds a little bit more personality I think.

1 comment:

Goiuri said...

Wow it is like my sister's dog but in grey!! Fantastic!!